The combination of sweet Satsumas, fresh greens and a zesty herb vinaigrette make this salad the perfect choice for a quick lunch, or even a healthy side dish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 5-6 cups mixed greens
- 3 satsumas, sliced into wheels
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Zest of 1 satsuma
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together satsuma zest, white vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil until the dressing is slightly thickened and oil is fully incorporated. Pour into an airtight container; keep refrigerated.
- In a large salad bowl, add mixed greens. Then, top with satsuma segments, sliced avocado, sliced fennel and chopped pistachios.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.