Roasted Beets with Satsuma Whipped Goat Cheese
The perfect dish for brunch, these oven-roasted beets are a classy yet simple side that is accompanied by the tangy-sweetness of satsuma whipped goat cheese.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 80 minutes
Whipped goat cheese:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash beets and remove any stems and roots.
- Add cleaned beets to a deep baking dish, along with satsuma halves, thyme, vinegar, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake until beets are tender, about 1 hour. If they are small cut the time down to 30 minutes.
- While the beets are roasting, make the whipped goat cheese.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- When the beets are cooked, remove them from oven and let them cool in the liquid.
- They should now be easy to peel and cut into quarters.
- Place the warm peeled beets in a dish and drizzle with a little olive oil, chives, salt and pepper. Top with dollops of whipped goat cheese.
- Serve warm.