Satsuma Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
Sweet satsumas bring a delectable tanginess to this classic creamy dessert. Make it for a get together or spoil yourself!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Butter or spray a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil to keep water from seeping in.
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crumbled.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and toss together until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, satsuma zest and in a large mixing bowl and mix on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add the cream, satsuma juice, vanilla bean paste, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter over the crust and tap sharply on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place the pan in a larger baking dish and pour very hot water ¾ of the way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 60 - 80 minutes until the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar, and allow the cheesecake to cool for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool completely at room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish with satsuma slices and serve.